For most of us, underarm hair is unsightly and a pain to deal with. It grows back quickly when using the traditional method of shaving, and sometimes it's a sensitive area of our body. So, how should we go about getting rid of it?
If you're looking for ways to get rid of your this annoying hair our affordable spa in Cary, NC has a few great tips that will help!
Sugar Waxing at Home
This is a great, inexpensive and all natural way to remove armpit hair. You'll need the following materials before starting:
- Strips of fabric; cotton or linen
- 1 cup of refined sugar
- 1/2 a lemon for the juice
- 1 bowl
- Add sugar to a microwave safe bowl. Then, add corn syrup or molasses. You should be able to "eyeball" the amount needed to make a nice mixture.
- Next, mix everything together with a wooden spoon until blended and smooth.
- Microwave the mixture for at least three minutes.
- The sugar should completely dissolve. That's when you'll know it's ready.
- Add the lemon to the bowl and stir together.
- When the mixture has cooled to warm (not too hot) use a silicone spatula to adhere the mixture to your underarms.
- Make sure your arms are clean and dry underneath.
- Then, add a strip of cotton or linen fabric over the mixture.
- As the combination hardens, strip the fabric off.
- Be sure to tighten your skin by holding it from the bottom of your underarm.
- Apply pressure to the area for at least five seconds after, using a hand towel.
While this method only lasts two to three weeks, it is better than traditional shaving. Also, to stop the hair from growing back as quickly, you can use papaya. Simply rub the area down with a fresh slice of the fruit each day. It can slow hair growth. In some cases, it might stop it from growing.
Waxing at Our Spa in Cary, NC
One of the most popular ways to remove hair from under your arm is by making an appointment at the salon. Waxing is great because it lasts for three to four weeks. If you're interested in learning more about this method, contact Spa at Stone Creek!
Are you looking for other ways to remove hair from under the arm? Stay tuned! We will have even more information and methods to help you get rid of underarm hair, so visit back with our next blog post!
Affordable Hair Removal at Our Spa in Cary, NC
Are you thinking of getting your first waxing, but worried about how painful it might be? With summer already here, we are all ready to get our beach body ready to go - as painlessly as possible, of course! Believe it or not, waxing isn't as painful as you might imagine.
Take advantage of this semi-permanent hair removal method by contacting the Spa at Stone Creek to make an appointment! We're the top spa in Cary, NC! You’ll find that our trained estheticians are experts at making sure your waxing session is quick and comfortable. Superior depilatory results are guaranteed! To make your next appointment contact us today.